In any commercial setup, the roller shutter doors are a considerable portion of the equipment. The shutter doors create a lot of inconvenience when it stops working properly. Here are some of the most common reasons for a malfunction and when you must call for specialized roller door repairs.
- Before you call a professional, test the batteries in the remotes or transmitters. It may just be the battery powered controller has lost power. If the roller shutter doors are closing too fast, the tension springs or cables may have broken. In this case, we recommend you call Thurles Engineering Services via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 086 120 1844 trained repair service immediately. The cables and springs of shutter doors can be dangerous to handle without the relevant training.
- If the doors are producing a rubbing noise at a particular spot while opening or closing, or slowing down at a particular spot, it may be unaligned. This is a serious issue, and you must contact a specialist to handle it for you to prevent any accidental injury to you or your customers.
- If the shutter door is opening properly but will not close when you use the remote, check the photo eye sensors as they may be dirty or out of alignment. You may call for professional help or after cleaning, make sure they are equal in height and adjust and match their positions. (If in doubt don’t hesitate to call for service)
- If the doors close but stop and reverse each time, something may be obstructing their path on the track. Cleaning the track with a rag or a damp towel should fix the issue. Regular cleaning will prevent this occurring in the future.
- In case the roller shutter doors are not lifting at all. Check for a broken torsion spring. You must call for a roller door repairs Meanwhile keep your customers and clients clear from the door.
- Occasionally you may hear the motor of the roller door running for a few seconds without opening the door. This may occur when the door has been manually locked. Unlock the door and then attempt to open it again.
- Should the shutter doors open and close randomly, check that the buttons on the remote control are working properly. Grime or grease may cause interference.
- If the door closes but directly reopens instead of staying closed, confirm the open and close limit setting on the opener.
We hope this list is helpful. If you have any specific issues not included herein, please call Thurles Engineering Services on 086 120 1844 or email on email@example.com, our expert technicians are on hand to give you the solution.